Thursday, January 17, 2013

Four Layers of Yummy!!!


When celebrating a co-worker's birthday recently I was asking the baker what the cake was going to be and she said it's called "Better than Sex."  I was surprised at the name of it because I've never heard of a dessert by that name!  There was chocolate pudding in the cake so that was something to look forward to and to also find out if the take of the cake would live up to the name.  In my own personal opinion, that was be a big NO!


One thing that really surprised me was how light it was.  Normally when it is a co-worker’s birthday we celebrate with a cake from Publix, homemade cakes, cookies, brownies, bread pudding, cupcakes, and ice cream cakes.  Some prefer to bake something for their co-worker’s birthday and others find it easier to just buy a cake from Publix.  Then again cakes from Publix are really good for a supermarket cake. 

When I heard the name of the cake I knew at that moment that I wanted to write a blog post about it.  It’s the small things in life that I find interesting!  

Here is the recipe my co-worker gave to me:

Layer 1
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup flour

Mix together and spread in bottom of 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 til it just starts to turn brown at the edges.  Cool completely.

Layer 2
1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cool whip

Mix softened cream cheese and powered sugar together then add cool whip.  Spread onto cooled crust.

Layer 3
1 sm. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
1 sm. pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups milk

Mix together well and then pour over the cream cheese mixture.  Let set for a few minutes.

Layer 4
Spread cool whip over the pudding layer.  Garnish with grated chocolate or chocolate curls if desired.


I forgot to take a picture of the cake before everyone got a slice but at least you can see the layers.


Now there was two made because my co-workers have had this cake before and this was my first time.  Here is what was left of the other cake...


Another version of this is called Four Layer Lemon Delight that is quite similar to the recipe above but with lemon instant jello pudding.  I think I'm going to try to make the Four Layer Lemon Delight for a family gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment